Tuesday 21 October 2014

A Trip to Sayak Island



Assalamualaikum everyone.

In this post, I’m going to share with you guys about my amazing trip to Sayak Island, also known as Pulau Sayak. Sayak Island is located in Kota Kuala Muda, Kedah. Frankly, this was my first time getting the chance to go there with my friends. This place is well known for its mouth-watering ‘mee udang’. We went there for a programme called ‘BEST (Belajar Santai)’ proposed by Encik Ahmad Sulong. Although we spent only one night there, I could give my thumbs up for this programme. 

At 7 o’clock on Friday morning, I was eager to go to Mahsuri because I was afraid that everyone has arrived. I told my housemate to hurry up while she was busy packing her bags and stuffs. We didn’t have our breakfast because I was rushing things up. As soon as we arrived, there’s nobody at the campus. No one else. I started to think whether we got the right date for the trip. My housemate rechecked the letter and the date was stated. Alhamdulillah we’re not mistaken. I called the counsellor and she told me she was on her way, so we waited for several minutes before she finally arrived. We need to wait for the others before we started our journey to Sayak Island. I think we took about half an hour or at least forty five minutes journey by car.


The place was quiet and peaceful. We could do anything we want. We put our bags in a dormitory. Luckily all of the participants are females thus we got no problems at all with the dorm. At 12 pm, Puan Zainah brought us chicken rice for lunch. Hooray. As far as I remember, the trip was more likely to be a programme for eating more than studying. This was because we were served with lots and lots of foods every time until we’re not able to finish them all. I also got to spend my time with new friends from another classes and the seniors. 


In the evening, we collected some seashells by the shore. I also got the chance to greet some crabs there. Not to mention we took photographs together and selfies by the shore. At night, we did the barbeque together. Dinner was fantastic. There were so many meals served and I just couldn’t resist the temptations of food.  


But then again, our main objective was to do some revision, not to waste our time having fun. After finished having our meals, we continued studying and asking questions to the lecturers. Puan Sharmila and Puan Eila gave us some tips on how to manage our time wisely before the final exam.


 The last thing we did before leaving, well of course, taking photographs with the lecturers. I became the photographer for the programme. I remembered one thing Encik Ahmad Sulong said, “The weakest person in Mathematics is a photographer because he only can count up to three.” A funny yet annoying quote. Anyway, I’m really looking forward for this kind of programme again. You can watch my vlogs at Pulau Sayak below. That’s all for now. Thanks for reading guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment