Friday 23 January 2015

The Quiet Knock



You were standing in front of the door
Somehow knocking in a quiet way
I was excited to see who came
My steps became faster to reach the door
I saw through the small holes
You were there, smiling in the best way you could.

I took a few steps back
Pretending not to hear the knock
But you kept knocking in a quiet way.

I had some guilt
For not letting you inside though I was there
There was no food in the kitchen
There was no movie on the television
There was no light to ignite the space
And the house was so messy that I had to clean it first
But you kept knocking in a quiet way.

I did not open the door
Just peeking through the small hole
Hoping you to leave.

You were still there, smiling in the best way you could
And kept knocking the door in a quiet way.


230115
0739 am
Taman Mahsuri

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the courage to be that patient and that persistent..

    ReplyDelete