Sunday 1 February 2015

Why I Am Not A WhatsApp User



Assalamualaikum fellas. Just a short update for today.

Recently, I’ve been thinking a lot whether I should or should not register for WhatsApp. People keep telling me to use the application. I’m very sure WhatsApp has a lot of advantages such as being able to communicate faster with others. It is also a medium to spread useful and important messages. Nobody cares to use Yahoo Messenger or Facebook Messenger anymore. Neither do I. Nevertheless, I think this application also creates some problems for the users.


I remember when I was in primary school, I wasted a lot of time using Yahoo Messenger (YM).  I was so eager to chat with a bunch of new friends until I registered myself into numerous social media accounts such as Tagged, Friendster and even MySpace. I spent my days chatting and updating statuses because I thought the whole world was dying to know what I was doing at that very moment. 

I felt embarrassed with how childish I was back then. Eventually, I got bored and stopped my online activities for some time. For me, all these social media stuff might actually drag you into some part of darkness if you can’t take control over yourself.  

I saw people holding their smart phones and dragging them everywhere. They would keep on scrolling and staring at the small screen and wasted a lot of valuable time in their lives. Me too, of course, could be one of them sometimes. I’m afraid by using WhatsApp, I would lose some part of my life, literally.

Anyways, despite of the reasons stated earlier, I actually have another main reason why I can’t actually register for WhatsApp. Few years ago, I bought myself a new gadget; Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100. I was attracted to the commercials in the TV and tend to get myself one. It is a camera with internet function, which provides Play Store to download apps. 

However, WhatsApp is somehow does not compatible with the android version. I can install other applications such as WeChat, Instagram and Telegram, but clearly not WhatsApp. Yup, that’s the actual reason though. If I am really desperate to have WhatsApp, I need to have a new smart phone, which I could not afford yet. And buying a new phone just to have WhatsApp is quite a waste of money I guess. It’s better for me to use the money to buy some books and other educational stuffs. 

It is true that being left behind sucks. Hahah. But hey, that’s not the end of the world. I know a lot of people who are still living their lives to the fullest without these incredible technologies nowadays. I wish I can be as cool as them. If they want to communicate with others, they only use Nokia to call and send messages to the recipients. In some circumstance, they prefer to have a face to face conversation, which is more beneficial to both parties. 

Who needs WhatsApp when we can just “What’s up?”


No comments:

Post a Comment